Laser Hair Removal for Men Keeps Trending Upward
When it comes to men and body hair, there are two schools of thought. On the one hand, a hairy chest is a sign of masculinity. This has generally been embraced by men with rugged, stocky statures. Throw in a beard and even a city guy can look like a mountain man. But for men who have lean bodies and athletic physiques, a hairy chest is almost like a blanket covering up their strength. Both schools of thought come down to personal preference. This hair or no hair debate has been debated for a long time in mainstream culture.
The shaved look became a hot topic in men’s circles during the 1970s, when seven-time Mr. Olympia, movie star, and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger brought bodybuilding into the mainstream. He became a symbol of physical fitness, strength and virility. It was also quite noticeable that his Herculean body was hairless.
Back then, bodybuilders used razors and shaving cream or liquid hair removal products. The same was true for men who were into general fitness. In recent years, the hairless physique has been upwardly trending and here are a few reasons why laser hair removal makes joining this movement far easier than in the days of shaving or waxing.
- Look better: If you have good pecs and lean abs, your body will look more muscular and fit once they show through. And, you don’t have to be a workout warrior to look better without chest and stomach hair. A fit body is an attractive body.
- Eliminate stubble: You like the way you look shaved. The only problem is that as it grows back, it’s rough to the touch. That isn’t winning any comfort points with your love interest. Laser makes your skin smooth to the touch, permanently.
- Show the ink: Tattoos have always been culturally significant. In ancient times, tattoos were tribal. Sailors often documented their voyages with skin ink. These days, people have different reason for getting them. But you cannot display them proudly if they’re covered with hair.
- Hygiene: Body hair absorbs sweat, dust and other things. You’ll be cleaner and smell fresher without it.
If you’re pondering the use of laser hair removal, you probably have some questions. Here are a few things to know.
- How does it work? Laser hair removal is a beam of light destroying the hair follicle beneath the surface.
- Is it permanent? Once the hair follicle is destroyed, it is highly unlikely to grow back.
- What are the side effects? Generally, patients experience some short-term skin redness. Occasionally, patients have a mild rash. Blisters have appeared, temporarily, in rare cases. You can resume regular activities immediately after treatment.
- What parts of the body are treated? Laser removal can be done on almost the entire body. Men commonly have their back, chest, stomach and neck areas treated.
- How many treatments are needed for hair removal? It usually takes less than 10 total treatments. Laser removal targets active hair follicles. Because they go through cycles, multiple treatments are necessary.
- Does it hurt? Most patients compare it to a quick rubber band snap to the skin.
The days of hair removal being only for women are long gone. Today, men are enjoying the comfort of a hairless physique through laser treatments. You’ll look lean, more fit and your significant other may enjoy your soft-to-the-touch skin a little more, too.
Schedule a free consultation with Fremont Laser & Skin Care to learn more.